Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A pigskin is a pigskin regardless of how many yards, or feet or whatever….

Hey y’all! So, there’s this new team in town. It’s an arena football team – the Laredo Rattlesnakes. The team just began their inaugural season. I had read in the paper that they won their first game against the RGV Magic the weekend before so I wanted to check them out for myself.
<
I gotta be honest, I’m not all that football savvy. And whenever I’m asked if I’m a football fan I totally say yes and my favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve been trained to answer without hesitation or else my entire family will disown me.
To let you in on a secret, my favorite part about football is the food that you get to eat while watching the game. Fajita tacos, sausage, hamburgers, buffalo wings, chips, dips, oh-em-gee my mouth is already watering. But since I was gonna write about my little outing I figured I needed to focus on the game so I stayed away from the concession stand.
Arena football is just like regular football except it goes way quicker and the field is only 50yards long. I think the regular one is 100yards. Or wait, is it yards? Feet? Whatever…it’s half of what it’s supposed to be.

So, back to the game. It was great! I went along with my parents and some friends. It was a great family atmosphere and the kids and those who are kids at heart were having the best day ever. The Rattlesnakes won against the Amarillo Venom with a score of 63-60. With two minutes left to go at the end of the 4th quarter everyone was on their feet cheering on the Rattlesnakes. I was so into the game I had even forgotten that I totally skipped the concession stand.
After the game, all the fans were allowed to go on to the field to meet the players, get autographs, take pictures, it was great. The turf wasn’t exactly high heel friendly, but what’s wrong with this picture?? What was I thinking of wearing high heels to a football game? Oh well, lesson learned.
Another reason why I wanted to check out the team was because the evening was going to benefit the local March of Dimes chapter and the team wore jersey’s were going to be auctioned off at the end of the game.
<

My friend Victor was lucky enough to catch a football that went into the stands and he got to know some of the players and even played catch for a bit.
I wish the Laredo Rattlesnakes the best of luck this season and look forward to attending another game. If you happen to be in town while there’s a home game, check them out! Here’s their website: www.laredorattlesnakes.com. GO RATTLESNAKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment