Monday, May 14, 2012

Monsters in Laredo?

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself… I’m Monica!
It often seems that there are not many things that call my attention, that is – unless it’s something I really like.

Back ground: when I was little, my Dad took the family out to mud races, monster truck shows and had us watch NASCAR. Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam came to Laredo Spring 2011. My Dad called telling me he was taking all the grandkids out there and my son, Alex, went along for the ride. Fast forward to 2012, my Dad called telling me Monster Jam was coming and I was invited!

We bought our tickets. The Friday before the weekend shows, the Monster Jam trucks were parked at various Advance Auto Parts locations throughout Laredo, but they were only going to be there until 6 p.m.! I clocked out at 5, picked up Alex, picked up my baby girl and we took off in hot pursuit for a sneak peek of some trucks.

First stop, store location on Guadalupe Street to see Superman. There were quite a few Laredoans stopping by to see the truck and to take pictures. Me being one of them of course… Next stop, store location on Calton Road to see Grave Digger.
Unfortunately, it was almost 6 p.m. and they were getting ready to transport the truck back to the Laredo Energy Arena (Monster Jam event location) to be there on time for the Friday night show. I was able to hang around long enough to see the tire changing to see how they load the Monster Truck into this other giant truck – look at the tires!
Well, that was the end of our sneak peek. There wasn’t enough time to make it to another location. But at the show, we were able to see King Krunch and El Toro Loco.  
 
The finale? Grave Digger, driven by Mr. Pablo Huffaker, ended up stuck on top of another vehicle – it was awesome! Take a look:  
According to the Monster Jam website, they’re coming back to Laredo March 8-10, 2013… and we’ll be there with our Monster Jam Tire Ear Muffs! http://www.monsterjam.com/  

Join us on our next adventure…

See you in Laredo!

For more information on Arena Events call us at:
800-361-3360 or visit our website http://www.visitlaredo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment