Thursday, January 17, 2013

#wwelaredo

Laredo was invaded this past weekend. The WWE came to town and showed the Laredo Energy Arena who is boss. I can remember the days when my cousins and I would get together at my grandmother’s house to watch Summer Slam. Ah, memories. I can vividly remember every time Bret “The Hitman” Heart came out and gave his sunglasses to some lucky girl sitting ringside and secretly wishing that I was the one he was giving his glasses to. Oh well, c’est la vie. I no longer keep up with wrestling. This thing called life got bigger than I expected it to be and now I barely have time to watch any of The Real Housewives of whatever city USA. When I heard that the WWE was going to be in town I figured it would be a good opportunity for me to dabble with our Twitter and Instagram accounts. I asked our followers to use the hashtag #WWELaredo if they were going to be in attendance at the Laredo Energy Arena for WWE Raw. At the same time I could vicariously re-live the days of my youth. Here are some of the photos that you shared: All in all, I was entertained for the night and I got my WWE Raw fix. Thank you to those that used the hashtag. Hopefully next time the WWE makes a stop in Laredo I’ll be able to attend. In the meantime let me Google Bret Heart and see what he’s up to. Maybe I still have a chance of getting those sunglasses. Till next time – @selina1996

See you in Laredo!

For more information on events in Laredo call us at: 800-361-3360 or visit our website www.visitlaredo.com. For an archive of our older blog posts go to our blogspot!

No comments:

Post a Comment